Valentine Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Incredible indulgent and extremely easy, this chocolate truffles recipe is from the guys next door at The Laid Back Coffee Company, and will definitely be a crowdpleaser. We're going to admit, there's nothing healthy about this recipe - although it does use dark chocolate, which is meant to be a superfood, right?! Oh, and it's gluten free, depending on the coating you use.
But perhaps Valentine's day is a good reason to forget the healthy lifestyle you've been following since Jan 1st, and just enjoy?
These are great as they can be made in advance:
Easy-Peasy Valentine's Day Chocolate Truffles
Makes 25-50 truffles (depending on your sizing!)
284ml Double Cream
50g Unsalted butter, diced
280g Dark chocolate (good quality 70% cocoa solids), chopped
• Warm the cream and butter until melted and it simmers.
• Pour the warm cream and butter over the chocolate and stir until smooth
• Leave as is or add your choice of flavouring
Cool, then chill in fridge for a few hours
• Shape the truffles either by rolling with oiled, cold hands or use a melon baller dipped in hot water
• Roll each ball in your choice of coating*
• Place them in an airtight tub in the fridge for 3 days or so.
*Good liqueur/coating combos
(Use fresh citrus zest/vanilla pods for an alcohol-free flavouring. Use your valentine’s favourite sweets (mints, popping candy, crushed as an alternative coating )
• Amaretto and toasted flaked almonds
• Spiced rum and barely toasted desiccated coconut
• Cherry vodka and cocoa powder
• Raspberry liqueur and crushed Match-makers
• Coffee liqueur and toasted hazelnuts