Farm Table: A Cookbook
Cook and eat your way to the good life with simple, seasonal recipes.
First-generation farmer and chef Julius Roberts shares honest tales of farming life and easy, thoughtful dishes to reconnect us to nature and the seasons.
Making the most of simple ingredients, this is food to comfort and inspire. A few good things on a plate, assembled with joy and ease. Beginning in winter, recipes include:
- an elegant, fuss-free dinner of roast pumpkin, mozzarella, hazelnuts and sage, and a hearty sausage stew
- in spring baked fish with herbs and asparagus, chicken roasted over lemon, fennel and potatoes, and a lamb stew with pearl barley
- summer brings courgette pasta, a ratatouille galette, and a steamed apricot sponge
- finally autumn arrives with smoked haddock and leek rarebit and pan-fried trout with mash and spinach sauce.
Passionate about seasonality, Julius shows us how to make the most of produce, from crisp, crunchy apples in autumn, pink rhubarb in winter, asparagus in spring and the first summer strawberries. Julius Roberts' The Farm Table is unfussy home cooking at its very best.
- Publisher: Ebury Publishing
- Number of pages: 320
- Dimensions: 258 x 182 x 32 mm